Lingenfelter 2000 Corvette 427 Twin Turbo Corvette – June 2002 Motor Trend Shoot Out Car
This 2000 Corvette was tested by Motor Trend Magazine in the June 2002 issue where is set the record for quickest accelerating “Tuner” Corvette. The Lingenfelter 427 CID Twin turbo was pitted against a US Navy Blue Angels F/A-18 jet in a quarter mile drag race. The Corvette produced an exceptional run of 9.24 seconds @ 150.27 MPH, this vehicle went 0 – 60 MPH in and amazing 1.97 seconds!
In December of 2002 with some fine tuning of the suspension this same engine combination powered the Lingenfelter Corvette to a record setting quarter mile run of 8.95 seconds @ 153.6 MPH.
427 CID Engine Included:
- Lingenfelter CNC ported & polished C5R cylinder heads
- Lingenfelter aluminum fabricated C5R intake manifold
- Callies forged steel 4340 crankshaft
- JE Forged aluminum pistons
- Oliver 6.125″ fully machined bilet 4340 forged steel connecting rods
- Lingenfelter center mount super high efficency intercooler
- Twin Garrett ball bearing turbochargers
- Six point roll bar
The car was originally built for Steve Dumler and was recently added to the Lingenfelter Collection in 2010.
Motor Trend Magazine
Corvette Fever Magazine article